SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER- UNDER LINUX / SYSTEM ARCHITECT-BUCHAREST
The System Architect is a technical manager who analyses customer requirements to produce architectures, concepts and technical designs for software systems.
1. Ensure that the system architectures are documented in a clear, comprehensive, concise and noncontradictory way taking into account customer’s requirements and legacy systems;
2. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the technologies and systems and their alternatives;
3. Deliver system architectures that correspond to customer’s technical, performance and budgetary expectations and timescales;
4. Deliver system architectures that lend themselves to efficient realisation.
1. On average system architecture containing 50 pages takes 10 days effort to produce;
2. 90% of system architecture documents have no nonconformities reported at the development phase and never in the testing phase or later;
3. Customer feedback for “technical concept” is good or excellent for 80% of projects and never below satisfactory.
1. Analyse customer requirements and existing system architecture;
2. Prepare concept specifications, architecture specifications and discuss those with the customer to find the best solution;
3. Review and prepare implementation effort estimates;
4. Review technical project and non-project documentation;
5. Have a wide and deep knowledge of the systems and their alternatives at a technical level;
6. Find solutions for difficult technical problems;
7. Attend project meetings (telephone and in person)
internally, offsite and onsite with customer;
8. Ensure that defects and non conformities are reported and resolved according to the management procedures;
9. Ensure that the company’s management procedures are followed;
10. Assist in the continuous improvement of the management procedures;
11. Help to disseminate technical expertise within the company
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software applications development- JAVA- UNDER LINUX with tasks regarding design, technical team leading and customer contact
- Experience in designing complex software applications;
- Database design: Oracle, (MySQL) – MySQL is only
a ‘nice to have’;
- Programming in C, C++, Java;
- UNIX-like operating systems: Linux, Solaris;
- Real time systems;
- Telephony in general and GSM core networks in particular;
- Telephony protocols: SS7;
- Diploma for graduation of Informatics, Computer Science or Electronics University;
- Able to travel abroad frequently, occasionally at short notice or for longer periods;
- Flexible to deal with people from various cultures;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken,presentations).
- Excellent remuneration;
- Flexible working environment;
- International environment;
- Work in a young and dynamic team.